AKANYONYAMBUZI, KIDADELOHI (luo), UBWUNGO, OXALIS CORNICUTATA
The whole plant is anthelmintic, antiphlogistic, astringent, depurative, diuretic, emmenagogue, febrifuge, lithontripic, stomachic and stypticIt is used in the treatment of influenza, fever, urinary tract infections, enteritis, diarrhea, traumatic injuries, sprains and poisonous snake bites. The juice of the plant, mixed with butter, is applied to muscular swellings, boils and pimples. An infusion can be used as a wash to rid children of hookworms. The plant is a good source of vitamin C and is used as an antiscorbutic in the treatment of scurvy The leaves are used as an antidote to poisoning by the seeds of Datura spp, arsenic and mercury. The leaf juice is applied to insect bites, burns and skin eruptions] It has an antibacterial activity
- The leaf juice in the dose of 15-25 ml is administered in the conditions like bloody diarrhea, prolapse of rectum etc. It can also be administered in these conditions by boiling these leaves in cows butter milk for better results.
- The leaves are crushed and used as an external application in the conditions like painful swelling or any inflammation. This will provide a cooling effect to these areas and reduce the symptoms.
- The leaves can be consumed internally as it is or in the form of chutney, in the conditions like Gunman or disorders of the abdomen.
- The decoction prepared by samoolam is a good medicine for fever.
- The leaf juice along with the juice obtained from onion is mixed and applied in the areas of wart and moll scum contagious. The daily use of this will show good results.
- Leaf paste is externally applied over forehead for headache.
- The leaves are good source of vitamin C, Calcium and carotene.
- In the conditions of Sool vanthi or Hyperemesis gravidorum, the chutney prepared from the leaves, ground coconut, salt and lemon juice can improve the condition.
- Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.